NIFT Exam 2025: The National Institute of Fashion Technology will conduct NIFT 2025 in February. Registration for NIFT Entrance Exam 2025 is expected to start in November 2024 at nift.ac.in. Candidates who have completed class 12th or are appearing for boards will be eligible for NIFT 2025. Candidates seeking admission to BDS or BFTech programs must appear and qualify the NIFT 2025 examination. Here, in this article, candidates can check tips and tricks to crack NIFT entrance exam 2025 along with syllabus, exam pattern, best books and much more.
NIFT 2025 Notification
Candidates can check NIFT 2025 notification on nift.ac.in. With the help of NIFT 2025 Notification, candidates can not only know the important dates but also get the detailed information about the syllabus and exam pattern. Candidates who are planning to appear for NIFT Entrance Exam 2025 are advised to keep checking nift.ac.in for the latest notification.
NIFT Exam 2025 Overview
Full Exam Name
National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Examination
Short Exam Name
NIFT Entrance Exam
National Institute of Fashion Technology
Frequency of Conduct
Once a year
NIFT 2025 official website
National Level Exam
NIFT Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria 2025
Candidates must be familiar with the details of the qualifying examination and age limit required to appear in the entrance examination through NIFT Eligibility Criteria 2025. Students must check NIFT 2024 eligibility criteria before filling the application form. NIFT 2025 Entrance Exam is a national level examination conducted in computer-based mode to shortlist candidates for admission to design courses across 17 NIFT campuses. Refer to NIFT Eligibility Criteria 2025 to know details of the specified criteria.
Candidates can check the common eligibility criteria and UG/PG course-wise eligibility for NIFT 2025 below:
Here are the complete eligibility criteria candidates must meet to be eligible for NIFT exam 2025:
- The maximum age limit for general category candidates is 24 years as on August 1, 2024.
- There is 5 years relaxation in age limit for ST/SC/PHP candidates.
- No age restriction for PG courses.
Candidates appearing in 12th/final year of Diploma/final year of College will be provided admission as per the following conditions:
- Candidates below 18 years of age can submit an affidavit of Rs 10 non-judicial stamp paper signed by parents and guardians.
- If the result of the candidate is not declared, he/she can submit the provisional certificate of examination from the head of the institution.
- Candidates must submit their qualifying degrees to the campus director before the closing date.
Here candidates can check the eligibility criteria separately for UG and PG courses.
For UG Programs:
- BF.Tech (4 years) – Apparel Production
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 level degree from a recognized board or university.
- Candidate should have passed Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- B.Des (4 years) – Fashion Communication, Accessories Design, Knitwear Design, Textile Design, Leather Design, Fashion Design, Textile Design:
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 level degree from a recognized Board or University.
For PG Programs:
- MF.Tech (2 years):
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in B.F.Tech from NIFT or B.Tech/B.E from a recognized institute or university.
- MFM (2 years):
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute or university or must have done minimum 3 years UG Diploma from NID or NIFT.
- M.Des. (2 years):
- Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute or university or UG Diploma in UG Design of minimum 3 years duration from NIFT or NID.
NIFT 2024 Application Form
All the candidates who are planning to appear in NIFT 2025 exam can fill their application form in online mode on the official website i.e. https://nift.ntaonline.in/.
How to fill NIFT 2024 Application Form
National Testing Agency has started the NIFT 2024 process on its official website. All interested students may apply online at www.nift.ac.in. The NIFT 2024 application form will be filled in online mode. Below we have discussed some simple steps which are required to be followed while filling the NIFT 2025 application form.
NIFT 2024 Registration
- Go to the official website of National Institute of Fashion Technology i.e. www.nift.ac.in.
- Look for the link “NIFT Registration 2024” on the homepage and click on it.
- Fill all the Aadhaar numbers, after successful verification of Aadhaar number fill the asked details like parents name, email id and mobile number.
- The authorities will send the login ID and password to the Candidates registered email ID.
NIFT 2025 Application form filling
After completing all these steps candidates have to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Now candidates have to fill NIFT 2024 application form by providing all personal information, educational details, qualifying examination and contact details.
- After filling all the information carefully, select the exam center.
- Now click on Submit button. The application number will be generated.
NIFT 2025: Upload the Documents
- After paying the application fee, candidates will have to upload their photograph and signature.
NIFT 2025 Application Fee
Finally candidates will have to pay the application fee through net banking or credit card/debit card.
|NIFT 2024 Application Fee (non-refundable)
|General/OBC (Non-Creamy)/GEN-EWS Category
|SC/ ST/ PwD Category
- Before final submission candidates must read all the details given on NIFT 2024 application form.
- Download the NIFT 2024 Application Form and do not forget to take a printout of it for further use.
NIFT 2025 Exam Pattern
It will be important for candidates to go through the NIFT entrance exam paper pattern to understand the question format and marking scheme. As per NIFT Exam Pattern 2025, the entrance exam designed for NIFT admission will consist of three parts – Creative Ability Test (CAT), General Ability Test (GAT), and Situation Test. However, students who wish to get admission in Bachelor of Fashion Technology need to attempt NIFT GAT question paper only.
|Number of Questions
B. F. Tech
|Offline (Paper Based Test)
|Type of questions
|3 Drawing questions
|Duration of Exam
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension, Case Study, Quantitative Ability, Analytical & Logical Ability, General Knowledge & Current Affairs.
|Each question carries 1 mark
NIFT Syllabus 2023
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) has released all the information regarding NIFT entrance examination syllabus. As per the NIFT exam syllabus, there will be a written test for all the candidates applying for various UG and PG courses. There will be two components of the written examination: General Aptitude Test (GAT) and Creative Aptitude Test (CAT). There are various rounds in the selection process for NIFT entrance exam courses. Candidates have to clear all the rounds to get admission in their preferred course.
NIFT Entrance Exam GAT Syllabus 2023
General Ability Test is mandatory for all candidates, irrespective of the program they have chosen. This test is conducted to evaluate the candidate’s skills, knowledge and aptitude to understand whether they are suitable for the chosen program or not.
The syllabus for the GAT is as follows.
|This section will assess basic mathematical ability of the candidates. There will be questions on topics like addition, multiplication, division, fractions, percentage, interest rates.
Work and Task, Ratio Proportion and Distance.
|Communication Ability and English Comprehension
|This section aims to evaluate the language and communication ability of the candidate. There will be questions on subjects like synonyms, antonyms, words with related meanings.
Singular, plural, choices of one word, idioms and phrases, correct spelling, comprehension of the passage, etc.
|Analytical Ability and Logical Ability
|This section will contain questions that will assess the candidate’s ability to understand a situation and apply logical methods to solve them. It will consist of questions that may require candidates to practice creative and lateral thinking concepts and concepts.
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs
|In this section, the candidates will have questions related to current affairs and general knowledge. Major topics to include in your preparation are Brand Ambassador, Brand Takeover, Beauty Pageants, Beauty Shows, Basic History, Basic Geography, World Leaders, Full forms of important organizations or brands, Fashion Week etc.
|This section will have questions based on the industry situation where candidates have to apply their managerial skills.
NIFT Entrance Exam CAT Syllabus 2023
The CAT examination is conducted by NIFT for B.Des and M.Des candidates. In this examination, the candidate’s ability to judge, power of observation, creativity and idea development and design ability will be tested. According to previous year question papers and NIFT syllabus 2023, some important topics are mentioned below. There will be 3 questions from drawing area in this exam.
The topics covered for CAT are as follows. To make preparation easier it is suggested to first practice basic level questions and then move on to advanced level.
|Basic Level Topics
|Advanced Level Topics
|Elements and Principles of Designs
|Brainstorming and Mind Mapping
|LOGO and Symbolism
|Line Drawings and Doodles
|Poster, Hoarding, and Banner
|2D and 3D Elevation
|Postcard and Stamp
|Light and Shadows
|Scale and Proportions
|Motifs, Patterns, and Grids
|Pictograms and Illustrations
|Conventional and Unconventional uses of Objects
|Gestures and Expressions
|Comic Strips and Story Boards
|Pencil Shading and Rendering
|Conceptual Product Design
|Calligraphy and Typography
NIFT Entrance Exam Situation Test Syllabus 2023
After the written exam, situation test is conducted for shortlisted B.Des candidates. This practical test will evaluate the candidate’s content management and innovative ability skills in a situation with a given set of content.
|The number of questions
|2 to 3 options in which you have to choose an option and create a 3D model from available materials.
|Explaining the complete concept behind the model created
|Medium of the Write-up
|Types of Questions
|Designing a Product
Designing an Area
Designing a Concept
|On-spot evaluation by a jury.
NIFT Exam 2024 Syllabus for Group Discussion and Personal Interview
As per the performance in the written examinations, candidates will be selected for group discussion or personal interview. M.Des, M.F.M and M.F.Tech candidates have to undergo Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) for their selection.
|Based on a Case Study
|Personal Achievements and skills
|Parameters for evaluation
|Conceptual clarity, knowledge of assigned topic, contribution to the topic, interpersonal skills, ability to generate new ideas, problem-solving approach, leadership qualities and effective communication.
|Career orientation, communication skills, suitability for the syllabus, overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities, general awareness and aptitude, and creative and lateral thinking.
NIFT Best Books 2025
It is important to have the right set of books to succeed in the entrance exam. It is important to start your preparation on a strong note by using the best preparation books for NIFT 2025. The recommended NIFT books not only cover the detailed topics but also include sample questions and list of important topics. Candidates can check recommended books for NIFT 2025 below.
Best Books for NIFT Entrance Exam 2025
Arihant NIFT Entrance Exam Self-Study Guide
NIFT Entrance Exam- Self-Study Guide
Bright Careers Guide NIFT Entrance Exam book
NIFT Exam Guide by Dr. R. P. Datason
NIFT Exam Guide by Verma
NIFT Entrance Examination (Guide) by D Mittal
Concepts of Pattern Grading
McGraw Hill Education
NIFT: Previous Years’ Papers (Solved) by Ramesh Publishing House
NIFT Entrance Exams: Ultimate Success Series By Surendra
Prashant Kumar’s NIFT Entrance Examination Preparation Guide
Popular Master Guide NIFT by R. Gupta
NIFT Preparation Tips 2025
NIFT BDS entrance exam evaluates not only your artistic and creative skills but also your ability to think critically and solve design problems. Hence, candidates need to plan their NIFT 2025 exam preparations accordingly. Some preparation tips for NIFT entrance exam 2025 are given below.
- Start by understanding the BDS program at NIFT thoroughly.
- Build a portfolio of your creative work, including sketches, paintings, fashion design projects, and other creative endeavors.
- Practice drawing and sketching regularly.
- Understand the design thought process.
- Take mock tests for CAT and General Ability Test (GAT) to understand the examination pattern and time management.
- Apart from this, also practice previous year NIFT question papers.
FAQs (NIFT Exam 2025)
Can I change my date of birth on the NIFT registration form after fee payment?
Candidates can change their details on the registration form once the editing window opens.
How many phases are there in NIFT Exam 2024?
Two stages of NIFT 2024 entrance examination will be conducted: Writing Test – Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT) are the preliminary written examination to be taken by the candidate. Only candidates of B.Des and M.Des programs are required to appear for CAT exam, while GAT exam is required for all programmes.
What is the age limit as per the stipulated eligibility criteria of NIFT 2025?
Students interested in seeking admission to any design program must be 24 years of age as on August 1, 2025. However, Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Person with Disability (PHP) will get relaxation of 5 years.
Can I fill the NIFT Exam 2024 application form in offline mode?
No, NIFT application form will be filled only in online mode.
Who Can Apply for NIFT 2024?
Interested candidates who satisfy the prescribed NIFT 2024 eligibility criteria will be able to apply for NIFT 2024. Students should have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent from a recognized board/university.